Thursday, November 21, 2013

VOLVO S60 ENGINE PROBLEM



Owners of the Volvo ‘S60’ have experienced various kinds of engine problems. Following are complaints filed by owners



Date of Complaint: 06/17/2013
Component(s): Engine, EMT
 “VOLVO S60 2006”
Manufacturer: VOLVO Company
Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): S60 2.5T

 
Summary:

It appears that Volvo had Electronic Throttle Module (ETM issues) in earlier design and continues. I am not sure how to file a grievance with the Volvo Company but it is clear that the design is a bad one and continues to be used in currently models. I did notice that in the earlier models 2001 and 2002 there was a design issue and Volvo was forced to Extend Warranty on ETM Due to High Failure Rate, 10 Year I believe. But there needs to be another Grievance and/or Law Suit filed on the same principal.


Date of Complaint: 07/28/2012
Component(s): Engine
 “VOLVO S60 2006”
Manufacturer: VOLVO Company
Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): S60

Summary:

I was driving my 2006 Volvo S60 and the engine shut off without warning. The electrical system shut off and I was not even able to put the flashers on so that other drivers could know that there was a problem. I was able to pull the car to the side of the road (with difficulty since the power steering no longer worked) and put the car in park and restart it.


Date of Complaint: 10/25/2011
Component(s): Engine, Engine Cooling
 “VOLVO S60 2006”
Manufacturer: VOLVO Company
Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): S60 5-cyl

Summary:

The electronic throttle module had to be replaced in my 2006 Volvo S60. The car only has 72,702 miles! this is after having paid several hundred dollars to have the ETM cleaned several months ago. The cost to replace the ETM was over $800. As I search the internet, these cars seem to have problems with this particular part. It's ridiculous to think that I'm going to have to keep paying for this part, especially when the car is only 5 years old and has far less than 100,000 miles!!! I demand a recall and warranty replacement! the service manager at my local Volvo dealership tells me these units need to be cleaned or serviced about every 30K miles. I have a copy of my receipt from this week’s service. This part should be covered under a warranty by the manufacturer.





FREE CONSULTATION ON COMPENSATION FOR VOLVO S60 PROBLEMS 

(973) 598-1980








Law Office of Howard A. Gutman
230 Route 206, Suite 307
Flanders, New Jersey 07836
(973) 598-1980 (tel) 
(973) 531-4110 (fax) 

New York Office 
315 Madison Avenue, Suite 901 
New York, New York 10017 
howardgutman@aol.com 
www.lemonlawclaims.com 













No comments: